Challenges Digitize Iași Hackathon
Promoting and incentivizing public transportation using gamification
Build a mobile game which makes use of the existing air quality and public transportation Open Data available APIs1,2 and strive to implement as many as possible functionalities:
- location based weather info
- location based air quality info
- points of interest along your route
- CO2 savings – how much (g/kg) of CO2 you saved by choosing to ride the bus/tram instead of your car
- an achievement system
- "Rate your ride" – where user will be able to assess how the trip went (cleanliness, driver, time to destination, etc.)
- A reward system based on points you can gather by performing different tasks (leaving a rating, daily bonuses, points per distance, etc.)
- A redeem system where you can spend points to buy certain in-game perks as well as in the real world – think of museum tickets, theatre shows, free bus ride, etc.
- Route finder
Noise pollution and citizens protection
According to National Geographic studies and articles, "Noise pollution impacts millions of people on a daily basis. The most common health problem it causes is Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL). Exposure to loud noise can also cause high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep disturbances, and stress. These health problems can affect all age groups, especially children. Many children who live near noisy airports or streets have been found to suffer from stress and other problems, such as impairments in memory, attention level, and reading skill"3
As our city is growing, we seem to face a lot of challenges ahead on managing noise pollution. Although we can easily pass our attention on this matter, this silent, enemy, for our environment is extremely important and we want to search the best solution to constantly measure the level of noise pollution and therefore provide measures to protect our citizens, our pets and the natural habitat and to reduce the stress caused by this problem.
Intelligent traffic light system, reduce intersection congestion
Intelligent traffic light system that can optimally manage color changes, depending on the level of traffic congestion on a given intersection. The system can use existing artificial intelligence technologies and would be able to recognize cars and receive real-time information regarding the level of loading of the different street arteries.
- 1. Iași Open Data Portal - https://iasi.oras.digital
- 2. Tranzy Open Data Platform - https://tranzy.dev
- 3. https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/noise-pollution/